Frequently asked questions
Q1. How is the eyelash extensions performed?
A1. The synthetic lash is applied hair by hair to your own individual eyelash using a medical grade bonding agent.
Q2. Why do I need to come for re-touch every 2 to 3 weeks?
A2. Your natural eyelashes replenish day by day and they each have different life cycle. You may lose 1 or 2 eyelashes each day but you might notice the difference right away when they are extended because they look more dramatic compared to when your eyelashes were short and all even length. Don't worry when some lashes fall off, there are plenty of new ones that have come out ready for the eyelash technicians to refill. You can come as often as you desire.
Q3. How do I take care of my extensions?
A3. Eyelash extensions are easily maintained. Don't rub your eyes too hard when you clean them. Avoid any oil based cleansers, lotion or make-up remover. Gel cleanser is recommended. Use a small Q-tip to carefully clean the eyeliner around the eye.
Q4. Can I use eyelash curler?
A4. Not recommended because it will break the medical grade adhesive that holds your extensions.
Q5. Can I use mascara?
A5. Not recommended because the lashes already come thicker. When you use mascara, it defeats the purpose of having the natural look since they tend to clump together. Waterproof mascara is definitely not recommended because the cleaning agents will loosen the adhesive. If you insist, you may only use water-based mascara on the tips of your eyelashes.
Q6. Are the extensions glued to my skin?
A6. No, the extensions are glued about 1mm away from your skin. Neither the synthetic lashes nor the glue ever come in contact with your skin.
Q7. Is the glue odorless?
A7. Absolutely, our glue is odorless. It is a medical grade adhesive for safe and long lasting result.
Q8. How do you remove the extension lashes?
A8. Let us professionally remove them with a special remover. Please do not attempt to remove them yourself. Let the extension lashes slowly fall out by themselves which takes about 2 months.
Q9. Are eyelash extensions safe when pregnant?
A9. Generally speaking, eyelash extensions are a safe and non-invasive cosmetic procedure -We use a high-quality adhesive which is manufactured specifically for cosmetic use near the eye, and the adhesive does not actually ever touch your skin - as the extensions are glued to the eyelash hairs. In saying this, we do not recommend that expectant mothers test out the procedure during their pregnancy. The reasons are the lash extension procedure requires you to lay flat on your back for over one hour; a position that is not recommended for women in the stages of pregnancy. It also requires that you lie quite still - which can be hard if you're pregnant.
What you should do before your lash appoinment.
1) Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil free cleanser.
2) Do not use oil based makeup removers to clean your lashes prior to the application.
3) Do not put on any mascara on your top lashes. We want to spend time working on perfecting your lashes rather than removing your mascara.
4) Do not curl your lashes. Straight lashes work better.
5) If you wear contact lenses, wear glasses instead to your appointment or bring a lens case and remove them when you arrive to your appointment.
6) Do not drink too much water before. While the procedure is being done your eyes need to be closed. Bathroom time before is recommended.
What you shouldn't do after your lash appointment.
1) Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hours after your appt..
2) Avoid swimming and the use of steam rooms also hot saunas the next 48 hours. Extreme heat is not recommended.
3) Do not use eyelash curler. Do not perm or tint the extended lashes. This will break the bond.
4) Do not rub your eyes too hard when cleaning your face.
5) Do not attempt to remove any extensions by pulling.
6) Use only non-oily, non-creamy cleanser to remove make up.
7) Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten up any stray lashes. Every single lash is individually extended. It is safe to groom them because there is no clump or knot. Comb them carefully and gently only when needed.
Again if you have any questions please feel free to call Brianne 320-266-4545